Jan 13, 2006
Information that I have written concerning computers and programming.
- Darwin Kernel Compile - A how-to for compiling your own kernel under Mac OSX. Now you can snub off all of those people who say it’s not a real OS unless you run a custom kernel. The reason you probably want to build your own Mac kernel is to enable MAC address spoofing, which I cover.
- Nmap - An introduction to portscanning and Nmap.
- Filesystems - I gave a seminar about filesystems for CSH members. I became quite well versed in the low-level operation of most filesystems, EXT, UFS and Reiser in particular. I didn’t realize until I was actually speaking to other people about filesystems how boring and monotonous they are.
Programs that I have written to solve specific little problems.
- playlist.pl - A perl script to automatically turn an iTunes playlist into an mp3 directory.
- portscan.pl - A simple portscanner I wrote to learn Perl threads.
- ws.pl - This script was, for the most part, originally in 2600 magazine. The printed version didn’t work very well, my version is a lot faster and some other stuff that I don’t remember. It’s well commented, interesting to look at if you like networking. It can find all webservers on the given subnet.